COVID-19 PREVENTION PLAN
No business is exempt from helping prevent the spread of COVID-19. Here is our Prevention Plan for April, 2020.
- Sanitization – general purpose gear is wiped down, inside and out with Clorox wipes. This includes tents, chairs, hammocks, coolers, etc.
- Sterilization – gear that comes in contact with your body is held to an even higher standard. Cooking pots/pans are put through a high temp dishwasher that features an extended hot-water rise to kill germs. And for the time being, we’ve replaced all plates, cups and silverware with bamboo. Sleeping bags are cleaned in a commercial grade washer and tumbled dry. In addition to high temp washing we also spray each bag post wash with an anti-microbial and anti-fungal preventive cleaner safe for synthetics and safe for your skin.
- Featured in our new Patio Pod is a s’mores kit provisioned by 1927 S’mores. This kit is hermetically sealed in their factories with rigorous food safety standards. Rest assured that their product as well as our gear are clean and safe for consumption and usage.
- Shipping pods are transported by FedEx. In anticipation of possible delays or delivery disruptions we are now shipping pods to arrive 2 -3 days early to ensure your camping adventure happens without any hiccups.
- For local orders (Portland), we’re now offering free delivery to simply the interaction between our employees and customers. If within 25 miles of Portland we will deliver to your address one day before your departure, free of charge. We will coordinate the best delivery spot prior to drop off. Upon drop-off our driver will leave the pod in the designated location and fully wipe down with exterior of the pod with disinfectant wipes at time of drop off and again at pickup to minimize germ transmission.
- All employees wear nitrile gloves and masks when unpacking, cleaning, and repacking pods. Cleaning and packing of pods occurs in an open air environment where employees have plenty of space to social distance.
- No employee has reported an illness in the last 4 months, and no symptoms of COVID-19 are or have been present in any employees families or quarantined circles.
Sanitation of all equipment to ensure a clean and stress-free experience for our customers and a healthy working environment for our employees, are our top priorities right now.
Nic and Steve (founders)