COVID-19 PREVENTION PLAN
No business is exempt from helping prevent the spread of COVID-19. Here is our Prevention Plan for Summer 2021.
- Sanitization – general purpose gear is wiped down, inside and out with Clorox wipes. This includes tents, chairs, hammocks, coolers, etc.
- Sterilization – gear that comes in contact with your body is held to an even higher standard. Cooking pots/pans are put through a high temp dishwasher that features an extended hot-water rise to kill germs. Sleeping bags are cleaned in a commercial grade washer and tumbled dry between each use. In addition to high temp washing we also spray each bag post wash with an anti-microbial and anti-fungal preventive cleaner safe for synthetics and safe for your skin.
- Shipping pods are transported by FedEx. In anticipation of possible delays or delivery disruptions due to COVID-19 we are now shipping pods to arrive 2 days early to ensure your camping adventure happens without any hiccups.
- For local orders, we will contact you in advance of your pickup to set an appointment time to pick up your gear so we keep our customers socially distanced. For deliveries our driver will leave the pod in the designated location such as a front porch or with the concierge after fully wiping down the exterior of the pod with disinfectant wipes. This is done again at time of pickup to minimize germ transmission.
- All employees wear gloves and masks when unpacking, cleaning, and repacking pods. Cleaning and packing of pods occurs in an open air environment where employees have plenty of space to social distance.
- No employee has reported an illness in the last 6 months, and no symptoms of COVID-19 are or have been present in any employees families or social circles.
Sanitation of all equipment to ensure a clean and stress-free experience for our customers and a healthy working environment for our employees, are our top priorities right now.
Nic and Steve (founders)