HOW IT WORKS
Step 1: Request your pod
Booking the right pod is easy. Follow these steps from the homepage:
- Choose your desired adventure needs (Camping or Backpacking pod rental, an all-inclusive Xscape Plan, or a la carte gear rental*)
- Specify the number of campers in your group
- Finally, select the From and To dates
You can order your pod two ways:
- This website--add your desired pod to the shopping cart and proceed through the secure checkout process
- Call us at 724-813-9316 to make your reservation
If you’re planning to have a pod shipped to you don’t worry about calculating transit time, just enter the dates you plan to start and end your trip. We always ensure your pod arrives at least one day prior to your trip start date.
*If interested in a la carte gear it works the same way--add each item to your cart individually and follow the easy checkout process.
How does shipping work? This is our most frequently asked question. We offer three different fulfillment methods. You’ll select one of the following options in the checkout process:
- We ship to any of the lower 48 states via FedEx
- shipping is $49.99
- We ship to residences, businesses, hotels, Airbnbs, and FedEx stores which will hold the pod for you until you arrive
- We ship all pods to arrive at least one day prior to your start date to ensure your trip is a success
- All pods will arrive with a return shipping label and a field guide booklet that contains the simple return shipping instructions
Immediately after booking you will receive an email confirmation outlining your trip details and links to helpful resources like checklists and gear setup tutorial videos. You will receive another email 3-5 days before your pod arrives with details for pickup, delivery, or shipment tracking information, if applicable.
Step 2: Receiving your pod
If shipping is your preferred method, then your pod will arrive via FedEx to the location specified.
- Please note that we do not require signature so please make sure that someone is at the location to receive your pod or that the address has a safe location for the driver to leave the package (concierge, front porch, etc).
Step 3: Relax
Congratulations, when you get to this point. You will have managed to escape it all. Hopefully you're disconnected, and in full relaxation mode.
Step 4: Returning your pod
When shipping your pod, please affix the provided return shipping label to the pod and drop off at any FedEx store location (including participating national retailers like Walgreens and Walmart), or visit Fedex.com or call 1-800-GO-FEDEX to schedule a pickup.
For any unanswered questions, please visit our FAQ page, send us an email or give us a call.
Thanks, and happy camping!